Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for West Virginia are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

West Virginia State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Public Services Commission of West Virginia

PSC WV Website:

Household Goods Movers

The Public Services Commission regulates household good moves in West Virginia.

Companies handling moves within West Virginia must obtain a PSC Certificate and must file a tariff with the PSC.

Consumer Information

Public Service Commission of West Virginia
201 Brooks Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Ph: 304 340 0300