Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. As an unregulated state, Tennessee does not require licensing to provide local and intrastate moving services.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at There are no separate moving license requirements for local and intrastate moving in the state of Tennessee.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Tennessee State Compliance

Status:  Unregulated

Regulatory Oversight:  None

Household Goods Movers

The State of Tennessee does not regulate carriers providing local and intrastate moving services within the State.

The Division of Consumer Affairs (DCA), now housed in the Attorney General’s Office, works to handle consumer complaints and educate consumers on the latest scams and threats that could cause harm. To file a complaint against an individual or a business entity, you can complete a complaint form here. Contact DCA at (615) 741-4737 or toll free inside Tennessee at (800) 342-8385.

Tennessee Attorney General – Protecting Consumers

Consumer Information

Attorney General & Reporter
Office of Consumer Protection
P.O. Box 20207
Nashville, TN 37202
Consumer Resources