Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for Rhode Island are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

South Carolina State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  SC Public Service Commission

SCPSC Website:

Household Goods Movers

Household goods movers in South Carolina must have a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity issued by the South Carolina Public Service Commission, also known as a “Class E – Household Goods Mover’s Certificate.” Two types of Class E certificates are available: three-county authority and statewide authority. 

SCPSC – File a Complaint

Consumer Information

South Carolina Public Service Commission
Office of Regulatory Staff
Consumer Services Division
1401 Main Street, Suite 900
Columbia, SC 29201
PH: 803 737 5230