Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for Ohio are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Ohio State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Ohio Public Utilities Commission

Ohio PUC Website:

Household Goods Movers

Movers providing local and intrastate moving services within Ohio must obtain an operating authority with the Ohio Public Utilities Commission (PUCO). They must maintain insurance for bodily injury and property damage liability insurance as well as cargo insurance in the amounts prescribed by PUCO.

Estimate and bill of lading forms must contain the consumers’ rights and responsibilities language contained in OAC 4901: 2-19-08 (D) (16) and OAC 4901: 2-19-09 (C) (4).

PUCO – Trucking Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ohio PUC – Motor Carrier Registration Lookup
PUCO – Administrative Rules – Common Carriers Engaged in the Transportation of Household Goods
PUCO – Complaint Form

Consumer Information

Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
180 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH  43215
Ph: 800-686-7826