Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for New Mexico are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

New Mexico State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  New Mexico Public Regulation Commission

NM PRC Website:

Household Goods Movers

The PRC regulates consumer issues relating to intrastate motor carrier registration. Movers providing local and intrastate moving services must have an operating authority issued by the PRC. Movers must publish a tariff filed with the PRC which can be accessed at: PRC Household Goods Movers Tariff Directory.

Consumer Information

Public Regulation Commission
P.O. Box 1269
Santa Fe, NM 87504
Ph: 888-427-5772

New Mexico PRC – File a Complaint