Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. As an unregulated state, Maryland does not require licensing to provide local and intrastate moving services.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at There are no separate moving license requirements for local and intrastate moving in the state of Maryland

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Maryland State Compliance

Status:  Unregulated

Regulatory Oversight:  None

Household Goods Movers

The State of Maine does not regulate carriers providing local and intrastate moving services within the State. Maryland does enforce some regulations:

  • Mover must publish a notice of insurance or offer additional valuation protection on their Bill of Lading
  • Mover may not apply a carrier’s lien against the shipment
  • The Bill of Lading of the mover must show the company’s name and contact information

Consumer Information

Consumer Protection Unit
Office of the Attorney General

1031 West 4th Ave., Suite 200
Anchorage, AK 99501-5903
Toll free: 1-888-576-2529
Fax: 907-276-8554