Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. Local and intrastate moving regulations for Kansas are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Kansas State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Kansas Corporation Commission (KCc)

KCC Website:

Household Goods Movers

The Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) regulates local and intrastate moving services within the state of Kansas. Movers must obtain a Certificate of Convenience and necessity and publish their tariff through the KCC. A Kansas State Certificate of Convenience is not required if the mover only provides services within the corporate limits of a city of village in the state of Kansas. The certificate is also not necessary for movers that only provide interstate moving services.

Consumer Information

Kansas Intrastate Household Goods Tariffs

File a Complaint (KCC)