Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for Iowa are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Iowa State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Iowa Department of Transportation

PUC Commission of Colorado Website:

Household Goods Movers

Local and intrastate moving services are regulated by the Iowa Department of Transportation with Iowa. Movers are required to obtain a license and be insured in accordance Iowa Department of Transportation/Motor Carrier Services requirements.

Consumer Information

Motor Vehicle Division/Motor Carrier Services
6310 SE Convenience Blvd.
Ankeny, IA 50021
Mailing Address:
P.O.Box 10382
Des Moines, IA 50306-0382