Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. Indiana’s local and intrastate moving regulations are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Indiana State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Indiana Department of Revenue (Safety & Insurance)

ICC Website:

Household Goods Movers

The Indiana Department of Revenue (Safety and Insurance Department) regulates local and intrastate moving services within Indiana. Movers are required to obtain an operating authority to carry out local and intrastate moving services. Movers are required to publish a tariff and file it with the Indiana Department of Revenue.

Consumer Information

Attorney General of Indiana (For Complaints)
Indiana Government Center South
302 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: 317-232-6201
Fax: 317-232-7979