Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for Illinois are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Illinois State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Illinois Commerce Commission

ICC Website:

Household Goods Movers

Any business or individual engaged in the transportation of household property on a for-hire basis must obtain a Household Goods License from the ICC, must publish and file a list of their services and prices (in a document referred to as a Tariff), and must conduct their operations in compliance with the Illinois Commercial Transportation Law, 625 ILCS 5/18c-1101 et seq., and the Household Goods Administrative Rules, 92 Ill. Adm. Code 1457.10 et seq.

Movers are required to publish a tariff that details their services and charges.

Consumer Information

Consumer Information