Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. Hawaii’s local and intrastate moving regulations are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Hawaii State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Hawaii Public Utilities Commission

PUC Website:

Household Goods Movers

Local and Inter-Island moving services are regulated by the Hawaii Public Utilities Commission. Movers are required to publish tariffs in accordance with Hawaii PUC policies and procedures. A moving company must have a PUC number displayed on their trucks.

Consumer Information

Hawaii Public Utilities Commission
465 South King St., Room 103
Honolulu, HI 96813

Informal Complaints – State of Hawaii PUC

Formal Complaints – State of Hawaii PUC