Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. Indiana’s local and intrastate moving regulations are provided on this page.
IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at IAMTrusted.org. Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.
This page is sponsored by:
Connecticut State Compliance
Regulatory Oversight: Connecticut Department of Transportation
CT Department of Transportation HHG Movers with Certificates: Household Goods Movers with CTDOT Cert
Household Goods Movers
Note that CTDOT has jurisdiction ONLY over Household Goods Movers who have a Certificate to operate from CTDOT.
In-state movers are regulated by the Department of Transportation.
- Statute: CGS statutes 13b-387 through 13b-414
- Obtain a Certificate of Public Convenience to transport household goods
- Movers must have a Household Goods Carrier Certificate or Motor Contract Carrier permit issued by the Connecticut Department of Transportation (and corresponding registration number)
- Movers must provide a bill of lading after belongings loaded on truck
- Link to list of CTDOT Certificated Movers: Link
Department of Consumer Protection
450 Columbus Blvd.
Hartford CT 06103
Phone Number: 860-713-6100