Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. Colorado’s local and intrastate moving regulations are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Colorado State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Public Utilities Commission of Colorado

PUC Commission of Colorado Website:

Household Goods Movers

Intrastate moving services are regulated by the Public Utilities Commission of Colorado. Movers do not need to file a tariff but they must have a Colorado PUC permit in order to operate.

Consumer Information

Public Utilities Commission of Colorado

1560 Broadway
Denver, CO 80202
(303) 894-2000(303)894-2070