Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. As an unregulated state, Arizona does not require licensing to provide local and intrastate moving services.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at There are no separate moving license requirements for local and intrastate moving in the state of Arizona.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Arizona State Compliance

Status:  Unregulated

Regulatory Oversight:  None

Household Goods Movers

Local and Intrastate moves in Arizona are not regulated by the State. Movers are not required to publish tariffs. As with all businesses, movers are required to have in place insurance to cover workers compensation and public liability. Vehicles and equipment must be properly licensed and insured.

Consumer Information

Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section
Office of the Attorney General
1275 West Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-542-5763 (Consumer Information and Complaints)
Toll free: 1-800-352-8431 (AZ)
Fax: 602-542-4085

AZ Dept of Public Safety Website: