Companies that provide local and intrastate moving services must meet all the general business, equipment and vehicle licensing requirements as well as maintain state-mandated insurance for both business and workers compensation. The local and intrastate moving regulations for Alabama are provided on this page.

IAMTrusted and IAMX-Validated movers have their documentation or direct resource links (backing up their listed years in service, association memberships, quality and compliance qualifications) available for your own verification at Validation for local and intrastate compliance can be viewed by clicking the “Intra Lic” link in the respective company listing.

This page is sponsored by:
Contact to sponsor this page.

Alabama State Compliance

Status:  Regulated

Regulatory Oversight:  Alabama Public Service Commission

APSC Website:

Household Goods Movers

A certificate is required to be in the transportation business where passengers or property will be transported by motor vehicle for hire from one point in Alabama to another point in Alabama.

Consumer Information

Alabama Public Service Commission
100 N. Union Street, Suite 850
PO Box 304260
Montgomery, AL 36130
Toll free: 1-800-392-8050 (AL) (Complaint Hotline)
Fax: 334-242-0727